Thursday, March 8, 2007

Blood Donation

First of all i would give sincere gratitude to my friends for their appreciation of my newly found addiction of blog writing activity. I find the same iginition in them also and hope they will also fell prey to this addiction.

This sunday my incessant desire to do some noble job took shape when i got the opportunity to donate blood. This always been my principle, since I'm not that affluent I can help others only through my body and ideas but not with nest egg of my family. It was a time rise from those small altruistic deeds.

Just with the thought of donating blood my ecstacy knew no bound. I was on seventh heaven when my freind informed me that I really have got a chance to proove myself. But at the same time I became dubious whether the guy genuiningly needs my blood. So the family members of the pateint had to face my silly questions. Hope they didn't irritate them much. I also asked them to show the patient. He was 27 year old guy, crouched in his green bed. The colour itself spells the condition of a patient. He had been operated in Mumbai and was suffering from extreme weakness and needed blood for three consecutive days. I was to be his saviour for one day.

I went to blood bank. After initial check up I was asked to lie down. Needle was pierced in to my viens and I was asked to pump out blood. The whole process just took two minutes. But it wasn't as comfortable as I had assumed. As soon as I left the bed, everything was completly dark. I was about to faint. So i had to lie down on that green bed once again. I realised that sleak, alender figure is not everything you desire. At times some weight is essential to fullfill your passion. I was allright after 10 mins.

This was my experience. The feeling of ecstacy overwhelmed me. I have also become life saviour. Its an achievement for me. This was to feed my inner conscience. You feel even greater when you find others jittery, jim-jamed even with this white knuckled thought of blood donation. This was indeed an arduous act at least considering the fact that I haven't done anything greater than this. I experienced a bit of pride and greatness which mothers must be feeling who are the reason for genesis of life. A sense of responsbility engulfs you. You stop those damaging activities that might affect the reciepant of your blood.

Its a life time experience and everyone must give it a try and have a feeling of a knight in shining armour.

4 comments:

Rahul Priyedarshi said...

i have been haunted by needles and injections since my childhood,and still they scare shit out of me.
so, although i appreciate the pious act of blood donation but never have done it my self.
post was meticulously fine-drawn.

sk said...

nice blog..all ur blogs r good..bit surprised to see such nice blogs coming out from u..u should write blogs on ur current passion for philosophy...

Sanjeev Kumar Dangi said...

tu to mast likhta hai yaar !!
Kahan chupa hua tha itne din...

snehal said...

wow.. I never knew u write so good..
Nice experience, really.. I hope I'll also get such an opportunity some day..